Team 1            8
Team 2           20
Team 3           14
Team 4           14
Team 5           14
Team 6           14
Team 7           14
Team 8           14
It doesn't get much closer than this folks.  Thank you to Bob Hillhouse your courtside Team Captain in charge.

Remember to please get to the courts 10 minutes prior to your start times so as to sign in. It is extremely important that all who are scheduled to play do show up as it is almost impossible to get a last minute fill-in so that the games can continue.

I would like to thank all the Team Captain's for volunteering their time to make the House League run so well.
Arthur Wolf

Spring 2002 House League

Post by Arthur Wolf »

May 14th
Team 1          18                 26
Team 2           4                 24
Team 3          12                 26
Team 4          22                 36
Team 5          12                 26
Team 6          13                 27
Team 7          16                 30
Team 8          15                 29

Not only did the Leafs win but Team 2, last weeks winner, had stiff competition this week.  Thank you to Peter McCreary your courtside Team Captain in charge.

Remember to please get to the courts 10 minutes prior to your start times so as to sign in. It is extremely important that all who are scheduled to play do show up as it is almost impossible to get a last minute fill-in so that the games can continue.

I would like to thank all participants for coming out when the Leaf's had their all important 7th game.

Arthur Wolf"
Arthur Wolf

Spring 2002 House League

Post by Arthur Wolf »

May 21th
Team 1          12                 38
Team 2          19                 43
Team 3           9                 35
Team 4          16                 52
Team 5          18                 44
Team 6          17                 44
Team 7          11                 41
Team 8          10                 39
Team 2 was this weeks weekly winner although Team 4 was able to hold on to the overall lead.   Thank you to Diane Bales your courtside Team Captain in charge.

I would like to thank all participants for coming out given the Leaf's rush for the cup.

If you are looking for partners to play with during the week to practice for next weeks house league don't hesitate to call upon other participants on other teams. Friday nights and Saturday afternoons have been particularly quiet.

Clinic 2 of the Adult Lesson Program starts next week. If you intended to register please do so soon as we are filling up.
Arthur Wolf

Spring 2002 House League

Post by Arthur Wolf »

May 28th
Team 1            9      47
Team 2           11      54
Team 3            7      42
Team 4           18      70
Team 5           19      63
Team 6           17      61
Team 7           10      51
Team 8           21      60
Team 8 was this weeks weekly winner although Team 4 was able to add to their overall lead.  

I would like to thank all participants for coming out given the Leaf's last stand.

Please come out and join us for the fun at the OTA Tennis Fair Friday May 31st.  All you need is a toonie to get in. All participants get t-shirts, I believe, as well as qualifying tickets to the Canadian Open in Toronto. Starts at 7:00 p.m.
Arthur Wolf

Spring 2002 House League

Post by Arthur Wolf »

June 11, 2002 
Team 1           13      60
Team 2           20      74
Team 3           15      57
Team 4           15      85
Team 5           13      76
Team 6           14      75
Team 7           15      66
Team 8            8      68
Team 2 was this weeks weekly winner although Team 4 was able to maintain their overall lead. Teams 2, 5, & 6 all could easily pull out a victory at next weeks final Spring house league night. Pizza will be served weather permitting at approximately 7:50 p.m.    
Arthur Wolf

Spring 2002 House League

Post by Arthur Wolf »

Well we had it all tonight with a little rain and a little suspense.

Team 4 beat Team 5 in a tie breaker (7-5) after each team finished the regular season with 101 points. This was a first for me in that with all the games played over a season to get two teams with the exact score is quite remarkable.  Bottles of wine were presented to members of the winning team, Whitney Binns (captain), Cynthia McCall, Mike Antoniades, Jim Longo, Don Shatford and Martine Bouchard .

Final Team scores.
Team 1           10              70         
Team 2           15              89           
Team 3            3              60           
Team 4           16             101      7-5
Team 5           25             101       
Team 6           18              93         
Team 7           17              83       
Team 8           12              80

I would like to personally thank all the volunteer team Captains for their assistance in making theHouse League run.